Crohn’s Disease is difficult to diagnose because it mimics other diseases. Common Crohn’s Disease symptoms includes a variety of gastrointestinal distresses as well as vague, non specific symptoms. However, there are four classic symptoms that usually indicate Crohn’s Disease:
- Persistent or recurrent diarrhea and sometimes blood may be present.
- Abdominal pain and/or cramping sometimes radiating in the lower back or the right side.
- Low grade fever.
- Unexplained weight loss.
Watch Video Here
Although these are common Crohn’s Disease symptoms actual indications will depend on what part of the digestive tract is affected. If you are experiencing the four symptoms above plus one or more listed below, discuss the possibility of Crohn’s Disease with your physician. Additional Crohn’s Disease symptoms include:
- Persistent or recurrent diarrhea that does not respond to over-the-counter remedies
- Abdominal cramping after a meal
- Cramping and or pain alleviated after bowel movement
- Bloating after a meal
- Food tends to stay in stomach for hours
- Frequent gas
- Gurgling or noisy stomach and intestines
- High fever
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Loss of appetite
- Canker sores or ulcers in your mouth or throat
- Burning in esophagus or something that feels like a lump
- Aches in joints such as knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders wrists or fingers.
- Eye inflammation
- Scaly or rough patches on body or face
- Inflammation of the liver or bile ducts
- Delayed growth or sexual development in children
- Food allergies or undetected food allergies and sensitivities
- Unexplained fever lasting more than a day or two
- Night sweats
- Moodiness, irritability, depression
If you have any of these Crohn’s Disease symptoms, now is time to do something about it. Even if you do not have Crohn’s Disease, these symptoms could indicate some other serious ailments such as Irritable Bowel, Colitis or Cancer. For more information on Crohn’s Disease read our related articles:
- Introduction to Crohn’s Disease
- Crohn’s Disease Resources
- Sign up for 7 tips in 7 days to Conquering Crohn’s Disease. You will get exclusive tips, tidbits and more; it’s free!
When the medical community and IBD organizations say there is no cure…They are right! Incurable means Cure within
If you like my article or video and want to use in your own Ezine or share on your website-You can! I would be honoured so long as you include the following entire blurb:
Photo credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net