A toothbrush can actually prevent heart disease and is one of the 8 Early Heart Attack warning signs. Watch today’s Wellness beat so that you can tune into early warning signs of a heart attack with these 8 tips and more.
Do you know what the 8 early warning signs are that may lead to a heart attack? Then keep it right here. You will surprised and I bet you will not guess what they are. If you think you know what they are take a moment and jot down your answers then watch this week’s show
Heart attack warning signs: How to tune into early signs of a heart attack with these 8 tips
Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach. Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort, a dull ache in the chest, feeling anxious or faint, breathlessness, especially during exertion; or breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or light headedness. If you are suffering with any of these symptoms be sure to seek immediate medical attention. Below are symptoms that may be lead to cardiovascular issues such as heart disease or heart attack.
- Unusual fatigue: According to Department of Medical Psychology, Limburg University, Maastricht, 3877 males, aged 39-65 were measured for their fatigue and correlation to developing heart disease during a 4 year study. What was interesting to note was that among the subjects free from coronary heart disease at screening, 54 cases of angina pectoris, 38 cases of non-fatal myocardial infarction, and 21 cases of fatal myocardial infarction were observed during follow-up.
- Sleep disturbances: According to a cohort study in the Journal Epidemiol Community Health found that the risk of an ischaemic stroke is increased in men whose sleep is frequently disturbed. And daytime sleepiness is associated with a significant increase in ischaemic heart disease events. Another study found that women who had have suffered a heart attack also experienced sleep disturbances in the days or weeks leading up to their attacks.
- According to Science Daily shortness of breath without chest pain can signify the presence of heart disease. Authors of a study published in the November 3 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine found that shortness of breath was a significant predictor of death from cardiac causes.
- According to LAWRENCE S. COHEN, M.D Yale research Edema is a common sign of heart disease. The site of edema serves as a signal for several different problems with the heart. If the muscle of the right side of the heart is weakened and the pumping quality is diminished, edema may be noted in the abdomen or legs as pressure builds behind the right heart. Swelling that occurs in the ankles in the evening after standing during the day may indicate that an individual is retaining salt and water, which maybe the result of right-sided heart failure.
- Indigestion; more commonly found in women, is a major symptom prior to a heart attack. Research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) indicates that women often experience new or different physical symptoms as long as a month or more before experiencing heart attacks. Among the 515 women studied, 95-percent said they knew their symptoms were new or different a month or more before experiencing their heart attack, or Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) which also included Unusual fatigue, sleep disturbance, shortness of breath , and anxiety.
- Bisphenol A is commonly used in consumer plastics, particularly polycarbonate plastic found in reusable bottles, food packaging, and in the lining on the inside of food cans. In a sampling of U.S. adults, those with the highest levels of BPA in their urine were more than twice as likely to suffer from coronary heart disease as those with the lowest concentrations of BPA. BPA can produce an estrogen-like molecule that mimics estrogen’s effects, creating a heightened risk for heart disease especially in women.
- Erectile dysfunction can be an early warning sign of heart problems. According to a Mayo Clinic study found that Men ages 40 to 49 with ED are twice as likely to get heart disease. Read more by clicking this link
- Periodontal disease and heart disease One recent study published in the British Medical Journal analyzed data from over 11,000 adults and determined that participants who reported brushing their teeth less frequently had a 70% increased risk of heart disease versus those who brushed twice daily. Reference
Want to make your shake even faster saving precious morning minutes? Watch this…
Karen’s Quick Nutritious Out-The-Door Morning Cherry Shake Recipe:
Here is what you need:
1 Vitamix blender, Blender or Bullet
1 glass, cup or Bullet cup if using
1 to 1 1/2 cups purified water
1/2 cup or so of cherries, blueberries, bananas combined
1 scoop Protein powder
1,000 mg Vitamin C crystals
1 tablespoon Greens Powder
1 tablespoon fiber
1/4 teaspoon powder probiotic
Vitamix, Blender or Bullet
Grab your favourite glass or cup. Fill 1/2 to 3/4 with cherries, blueberries and banana pieces. Fill to top with water. Pour carefully into
blender. Blend on low until blended. Add protein powder, green powder, probiotic, vitamin C powder, and fiber. Blend again on low
just until mixed. If it is too watery add either more fruit or protein powder. If too thick add more water to desired constancy. Pour into orgiginal glass or cup and enjoy!
To the Magic Bullet cup fill half way with cherries, blueberries and banana pieces. Add water to an inch above fruit and blend. Add protein powder, green powder, probiotic, vitamin C powder, and fiber. Add water to the line and blend again. Should be perfectly thickened. If too thick add more water, if too thin add more fruit and enjoy!
These are my favourite go to products in the morning. I do mix it up a bit and will list below my favorites including what I used in the video above with an *
If you are wanting a Vitamix, which I highly recommend and seriously could not live without. If you click on this link I can get you free shipping. I have the Vitamix 5200 Super Healthy Lifestyle because I also make nut flours and grind spices. If you are only doing smoothies, soups and other blender items other than grains the Vitamix 5200 Standard Getting Started is perfect and you can always add on later.
In my Healthified Pantry E-book I recommend the Vitamix as well as the Magic Bullet. If you click on the link you can see what it comes with. There is another package for the Magic Bullet which comes with a blender. I do not recommend that one because through experience and client experience we have found it does not do a very good job. So why pay more for something that is not preforming adequately, right? The cups do a great a job and although the life span of the motor for me so far has been about a year or so, it is a pretty good starter investment ( I am on my 3rd Magic Bullet).
Check out these related articles. Just click on the links
Signs of a heart attack and symptoms of a heart attack reduced with chocolate?
Treat Risk and Not LDL-Cholesterol Targets, New Perspective Argues
Mortality Climbs With Rising PA Pressure in Heart Failure: Community-Based Study
Pillow Talk: First AHA Advice on Sex and CVD
Check out this related Video